Sunday, April 11, 2010

Go St. Louis Race Report


The only picture I have is of some of my friends at packet pickup. We did not want to run with a camera. And our husbands failed to find us with such a big crowd. So I will post of a link when I get it of the professional pictures.

It was a wonderful day....almost hot. It got to almost 80degrees. My time was 1:58 and below are my splits.

Mile 1 8:59
Mile 2 8:27
Mile 3 8:58
Mile 4 8:27
Mile 5 8:50
Mile 6 8:55
Mile 7 9:07
Mile 8 9:04
Mile 9 9:11
Mile 10 9:10
Mile 11 8:57
Mile 12 9:19
Mile 13 8:48
LAST .1 8:06

I was really happy with my time. My splits were pretty equal. But, it is the quest to always improve that keeps me coming back. I had a couple of things that kind of slowed me down. And think on a perfect day I could get in the low 1:50's! I had to go to the bathroom. so I had to run .25 of a mile out fo my way and it slowed me down about 3 minuties. They changed the course and it was really hilly! Then I had a root canal and had a infection that was really bad on Friday. So I was having to take all the medicine that made my stomach hurt and my tooth was still hurting. But, I had a great time and I am ready to plan my next race and start training next week. And most all my friends had very successful runs. And it was just a fun weekend of activity.

1 comment: