Monday, October 17, 2011

Go St. Louis Halloween Race

We had the best Sunday morning. We all went as a family to the Go St. Louis Halloween race. I ran the 10k had a good time. Nolan watched the kids while I raced. Then the kids had a blast in the 1 mile fun run. They loved the cool t-shirts they got. Then when they finished they got an awesome medal ( it's the size and quality of a marathon medal), tons of candy, water, and a bagel. Amelia's hands were so full she needed help. I am so proud of the kids. Baron and Amelia both did great. Amelia ran the whole race hard and actully only finished about a min. behind Baron. And Baron did awesome and pushed it at the end and passed a lot of runners. There were not any awards as it was a "fun run". But, what a great family day. Look at the video of Amelia finishing. Excuse my yelling.....I have a horrible voice when I raise my voice! In the end pictures Amelia's face is weird. She is eating all the snacks from the finish line! Isn't that what racing is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment