Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where to start




We had the best time on our trip with Oma and Opa. WE love them tons and they are the best grandparents in the world! Wish we got to see them everyday. We did so much neat stuff. Mom does not have pics of everything as sometimes her hands were full and Opa used his camera. He is going to mail those this week to Mom. So Mom might add some more later.

We had a pretty good plane ride. We loved watching the planes. I was great just set there and watched out the window-Amelia was the hard one. Mom was nto sure if she was having trouble with her ears as she was screaming.

When we got to Michigan we went to dinner at a nice sushi restaurant. Amelia and I are not big fans. And this is a adult place so they had no kids menu. But, I ate salad for the first time ( that I have not spit out) and did real good with chopstick.

Then we left for Traverse City. We swam a lot there. Had a condo on the beach. We just had a good time going out to eat, getting ice cream, and playing. One day we went to Sleepy Bear Dunes National Park. WE had a great time climbing the sand. I went all the way to the top ( and was tired) and Amelia walked most of the way to .

On Wednesday we packed up the car and left for Mackinac Island. We stayed in a cabin on the water over looking the mackinac bridge. We have learned that next year we are going to stay in one place all week. To much to pack up and set up. Here we ate. I really enjoyed ribs and white fish ( which Mom could not believe I was eating as I don't really like meat). We swam a lot ( my sister and I are both really good), throw rocks in the water, watched horses, biked around the whole island ) 8.5 miles), had campfires ( we had marshmellows), played on a neat playground, went on a boat ride. We did so much and Mom learned we are more fleible then she thought we stayed up to like 11 each night.

On Friday we left for the farm. Friday night and Saturday we had a great time farming. I drove the Gator- I actually drive ( I know how to stear it) I just have to sit on Opa's lap and he does the pedals -I can't reach. Then we had to do the real farm work. Amelia and I picked berries and I mowed with Opa. I wore ear plugs.

We had a great trip and have many memories. We made it back home. Mom has been busy catching up around home. And has already took us on a few activities this week. And mom is happy to report we got right back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment