Monday, August 16, 2010

Train Ride






The train ride did not go as well as expected. Baron had "missed" his nap. I put him down that day but her never went to sleep. Then it was time to get going to go to the train station. I am not sure why things workout like that when you have so much planned. You would think at almost 4 he could miss a nap. Well it is not pretty when he is not rested! Wow. First the train is hard as I had to carry 2 kids and all are luggage and a car seat a pretty far distance. Thankfully, the kids were really good at this. Since I had no spare hands. Baron took Amelia and got her through a very crowded train station in Chicago. I packed a dinner for the kids on the train. Not sure what a "snack" car consisted of. I was glad I did as the options were not great. Baron was in a bad mood the whole time since he had no sleep. The only positive he fell asleep at 7:30 pm which he normally would never do and stayed in deep sleep for 3 hours. During this time Amelia was "wild" she was even laying a jumping on Baron. I have no idea how Amelia stayed awake the whole time. Even when they turned the lights out! I tried getting her blanket, reading books, ect. She just never would go asleep. At least she was not bad behaved. Just had a lot of energy. We did not get into Chicago till after 11pm. Which is safe to say is the latest ever for the kids. It was 1 am when we got checked into our hotel. Long day for everyone! But, the kids were so excited when Opa picked them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment