Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kayak Race

This weekend Nolan did a kayak race. It was 41 miles on the Missouri River. It worked out nice as the kids went to Nolan's parents house.

I dropped Nolan off in Washington, mo. Then I went to Weldon springs. It's on the Katy Trail so I ran 12 miles

After my run I walked to the boat access point and waited. At noon he floated by. 20 miles in 3 hours.

Then I went grabbed lunch and went to a gym to shower. Then I headed to the finish line in St Charles. They were having a festival there for the race.

Nolan finished the 41 miles in 6 hours. That is amazing. His boat is only 13 feet and makes a huge difference. He actually got 4th place and the person ahead of him had a 18 foot boat.

At the 20 mile access



At the finish



Finish


Some of the "crazy" boats







-




Nolan's boat is the orange one in front



Nolan with his boat.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment