Wednesday, May 26, 2010

" I want to be the frog's Mom"

Baron had a major meltdown over a frog yesterday. I caught the tailend on video. he caught a frog and just was so into him.Poor frog he carried him around all night. Took him on rides on his tractor. Then when we told him he needed to let him go home to his Mom he flipped out. He really wanted to take it inside. He then put in his bug box and was telling us her could be him Mommy. So now I have a frog on my kitchen counter in a box. I think I am going to release it before he wakes up. But, I don't think he will forget about "his frog" as he went to bed last night he was still going on about how much he likes his frog and that he can take care of it.


It feels like summer. It got really hot here quick. And we have been swimming everyday this week. It is great. Then it feels like we play outside all evening and it is staying dark so late. The only bad thing is Nolan and I are not getting much of a evening as the kids have been going to bed to late. We are excited we are plannning our first overnight canoe trip with both kids. We are going to go this weeked float 6 miles then camp on the gravel bar then float the rest the next day. Baron is a pro but we are hoping Amelia does good also. I'm excited but not excited about what will probably be a bad nights sleep. Sleeping on gravel is harder on you when you get older!

2 comments:

  1. He's such a sweetie. such a sensitive boy behind that rough exterior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to watch this video when I get home! How funny!

    You are brave for sleeping on a gravel bar! Don't tell Ken, he might try to talk me into it too!

    ReplyDelete