Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June Running Totals

In June I have ran 134 miles. I started official training for the Chicago Marathon. Which I am doing the advanced program and it is rather intense -I am already up to a 13 mile long run. I am not sure what I am thinking- this is going to be hard. I am still going to speed training with Big river running on Tuesday nights . I really like it and was able to move up to a faster group ( under 22 min 5k). But, it is kind of intimidating as everyone there is in such good shape. I am like the worst. Oh well. maybe it could motivate me not to eat as much!!! I have a 1/2 marathon the 2nd week of July. I don't feel too ready for it- but we we see. I would love to get 1:51 as that would qualify me for preferred start in Chicago. But, I am not familiar with the race or course. I have never ran it before - I guess they only have about 2000 participates.

No comments:

Post a Comment