Sunday, April 19, 2009

GO St. Louis Race Report- goal accomplished



Well today was the day of my big race that I was training for. It got off to kind of a lousy start as I woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep. And on top of that it rained the whole race. Not just a little a complete downpour for the entire race. Actually, it was better then I thought since the temp was not that cold. But, boy were my clothes and shoes heavy. Excuse the funny picture this is after 3 hours in the rain. I decided to wear bike shorts ( which I never wear) not the most flattering. But, I was worried with the rain my regular shorts would ride up. And it does not help that the picture is next to my very small friend Keri so I look like a giant!

My friend Keri from KC came into town to run the race. We really wanted to run under 2 hours. And we both did!!! I finished at 1:59 45 she finished about 30 seconds before me. She decided at the last water stop not to stop ( since we were running out of time) and I stopped for along time to drink. I am so proud of this time as I worked really hard for this goal. Actually, I have never ran a half under 2:00 always a few mins above. I have ran a half of a full marathon under 2:00. This was my comeback. The last time I ran in a real race ( other then some 5K's) is when I ran this race in 06 when I was 3 months pregnant with Baron and ran 2:12.

I just wanted to add I could not of done this without my very supportive husband. He watched the kids every weekend when I did my long run. And this weekend he pretty much watched the kids all weekend. I have made it lower on the list of their favorites. As they are asking for Daddy and going to him way more than me now. I guess I will have to buy them love on Monday!!! Last night when I went to take my bag to the closet. Baron saw me and ran to me and saw me and said Mommy leave. And kissed and hugged me. I guess he expected it since I was not home much.

Here is the list of my splits. It was pretty hilly the last half was rolling hills. And since there was 16,000 people I ran more with the curves and weaving in and out. My GPS said 13.6 which if I did not have the extra would of been even faster.


Mile 1 8:32
Mile 2 8:42
Mile 3 10:01 ( not sure how this was so slow)
Mile 4 8:06
Mile 5 8:52
Mile 6 9:12
Mile 7 8:18
Mile 8 9:08
Mile 9 8:20
Mile 10 7:33
Mile 11 10:17
Mile 12 9:33
Mile 13 8:34
Mile 14 9:19 ( this was the last half mile per my GPS)

No comments:

Post a Comment