Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School






Today was my first day of school. I was so excited and I had a great time. I spent the car ride telling Mom all the fun stuff I got to do. I am going to Abiding Savior Lutheran Church and School. I am only going 1 day a week from 9 -1. I am not eligible for the 2 or 3 day a week program because you have to be 3 by Aug 1st ( state law). In Oct mom is going to add me into another program for a few hours through the school district.

Isn't it funny that when Mom needs us to get up early we sleep in? I think we do this to drive her crazy. Mom did all the prep work for school the night before. She made my lunch, got my lunch money ready, had our clothes set out. Daddy had to go out of town and leave at 6:30 so she knew no help from him! Mom was up at 5:45 just doing her regular Mom duties to start the day. And it kept getting later and later and Mom was like when are they going to wake up. She hates waking us! We are not used to it and are cranky. We need to leave our house between 8:30 and 8:40 and if you know Mommy she can't stand to be late. I got up at 8am. But, I just wanted to cuddle with Mom. It can be painful for Mom ( she is very fast) and I am very slow and want to do everything myself. I went to the bathroom and got dressed. Then Mom set me down for breakfast. The She went and had to wake Amelia up. She was not to happy- but she got over it. She got Amelia dressed and set her in the highchair but she is so slow she only got about 2 bites in before it was time to leave. Mom took us outside for pictures. I would not pose for any pictures without my treasured bike- its my favorite thing. Mom was kind of mad and first but just realized this is totally me. After we got into the car Amelia had still not ate so she just gave Amelia a whole waffle in the car! Don't tell Dad- but she could not let her starve. Drop off went well and I just went into class and started playing with friends.

Mom and Amelia went to the gym. Then they went to target. Then off the the mall where Amelia had a great time at the play area. She is so fearless. She was jumping off things. And running down slides. What a crazy girl. I wonder were she gets it from! They also found this really cool camping shirt from gymboree. Mom loves the worker that always helps her there. It is probably not a good idea to tell Dad that Mom has a relationship with the grandma Gymboree worker ( I guess that means you buy too much there). Then Mom took Amelia to one of her favorite places: El Pollo Loco. She loved this place since college and she traveled. And St. Louis just got one ( they are not normally in the Midwest). After all that it was time for pick up at naps. What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment