Saturday, May 26, 2012

Go Girl Half Marathon

I went to Columbia for about 24 hours with some girls. We went to run the Go Girl Half marathon. I had such a good time and want to do again. But, it was tough. It was 89 degrees at the start. Over 100 heat index and full sun. Plus the hills were the worse I have seen. Many of the hills were over a half a mill up. Just horrible. Jenn and I started out great. But, by mile 4/5 we realized if we didn't slow down we were going to end up sick. We have trouble jogging. So we started running 5 mins walking for 1. We were on great pace doing this till about mile 10. And some of the hills were so big we had to walk for 5 mins at a time. So our time was not a PR but considering the conditions I'm happy.

The kids had a blast. Nolan took the kiddos to a park to meet Grammy and Grampy and they stayed past 8. Once I got home Nolan took baron to the cards game. I'm trying to get off the couch to do something with Amelia.

Also, welcome to small town America. The crowd support was awesome. People giving ice bags, candy, popsicles on the course. So nice.


A friend from college made signs and cheered on the race course. How awesome. My friend Marcy and Marisa I knew since college. What an accomplishment. Marcy had breast cancer and has had a ton of surgery/ treatment. And Marisa has recently lost a ton of weight and just started running. You can do anything you set your mind too!

Amelia was also in our local newspaper this week. She was playing catch with Nolan at the pool


Then I came home to Baron on the front page of the River Hills Traveler. They actually paid him for the photo. It was kind of a fluke for him to get in it.








After the race. I swear Jenn doesn't even sweat



At the start


Medal we got


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment