Sunday, May 20, 2012

Zoo run

Today we had the zoo run. It's a pretty big event in St. Louis. It involved the kids getting up before 6am ( no small feet when they sleep till 8am)

It was such a fun (hot) day. The kids had to walk a ton before the race even started. I ran the 5k. I ran 26 something. I had VERY tired legs. I had ran 12 miles before. I had to get it in before my half marathon next weekend. That is my running priority now. So I just did a faster jog.

We entered the kids in the 1 mile timed competitive race. They were really supposed to do the 1/4 of mile for kids 6 and under. But, we thought that was a waste of time. Both kids pushed hard and did great.

After the race we got food at the zoo and did a few things. On the way home we took the kids to Ted Drewes for Ice Cream. Yummy! We went to the original location which is not in a good part of town. Nothing like being asked for money and smokes (ha).

We sure had a fun day





The picked out ice cream in baseball helmets. Baron wants to collect them all!











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment